There is no shortage of demolition companies in Los Angeles. You can find a demolition company for nearly every job. But with the good comes the bad. How do you know when you are dealing with a bad demolition company in Los Angeles? Here are 5 Warning Signs of that frequently indicate it is time to find a new demolition company in Los Angeles.
1. A demolition company in Los Angeles that won’t give an estimate
Estimates are pretty common in both construction and demolition. Be very wary of a demolition company that won’t provide an estimate or will only provide a free “phone estimate”. Either one is completely unacceptable. You should get an estimate in writing an accept no substitute.
2. A demolition company that’s “new” or doesn’t have a lot of years of operation
While new demolition company doesn’t necessarily mean “bad” you should be wary of a demolition company that is brand new and hasn’t done any recent demolition projects. Demolition is built on years of experience.
3. A demolition company in Los Angeles that isn’t licensed.
An unlicensed demolition company puts your home, your project, and yourself in harms way. Unlicensed demolition contractors often inexperienced and do shoddy work.
4. A demolition company in Los Angeles that refuses to provide references
Providing references is a standard part of any demolition work. If a demolition company can’t or won’t produce references it is time to find a new demolition company.
5. A demolition company that demands money up front
Never pay a demolition company up front and stay away from demolition companies in Los Angeles that demand payment up front.