When you are hiring a demolition contractor in Los Angeles you need to be thorough and detail. There are a lot of questions you should ask your demolition contractor, both to assess his competency and to find the best fit for your demolition project. Here are some questions to ask your demolition contractor in Los Angeles.
– Have You Done This Type of Demolition Work before? Not every demolition contractor does every type of demolition. Some demolition contractors in Los Angeles specialize in commercial demolition (office buildings etc), other demolition contractors specialize in residential demolition (houses and condos). Some demolition contractors have a subspecialty like swimming pool removal.
– Can You Provide Examples of Previous Work and References? A good demolition contractor in Los Angeles should be able to provide at least two current references for previous demolition projects. Many demolition contractors can also provide you with a portfolio of previous work done.
– Can I Verify your License and Insurance? A good demolition contractor should be able to provide his license number immediately. The same for his insurance agent and insurance provider.
– Do You Charge for Estimates? Most demolition contractors in Los Angeles provide estimates for free, some may charge a small fee for an estimation.
– How do You Handle Construction Debris? Some demolition contractors in Los Angeles will subcontract out to a hauling service. Some demolition contractors provide their own hauling services. Be sure you know how your demolition contractor disposes of construction debris. Otherwise you maybe faced with a lot of construction debris to clean up by yourself after the project is done.
When asking questions but thorough and direct. Any good demolition contractor should be prepared to answer a lot of questions. A demolition contractor that evades or avoids hard questions is a sign to stay away from that demolition contractor and keep looking.